Not a great result against some strong fighters in the Midlands

GOLDEmyr Ap SionCarmarthen
SILVERCeri GriffithsCarmarthen
BRONZEMartin RancePinewood
BRONZEThomas GrandjeanWarwick University

Those were the guys that beat me at yesterdays Samurai High Grades competition 3rd dan category.
The first two beat me quite soundly, the second two I felt like I should have done better with but this time ended up losing against them.

When one of refs said I had a tough group I had assumed it was just a reference to scrapping 3rd dans, but after looking up those names in relation to Judo it seems that wasn't really what he meant...!

I'll have to see if I can do better at the next one of these events, so long as it doesn't clash with Y&H events. I've missed a few now through date clashes. I think I also need to get some more training in for me, I don't get enough Judo practice in for me. It's always about the coaching... must try to improve that ration in my favour again in 2014.

Comments

Popular Posts