Dreaming big!

Not so much a current aspiration I'm talking about, but a dream I had last night.

A dream where I was at the British Judo Open, late, entered the under 100Kg category but didn't make weight so entered the open.

For the next I don't know how long before the category started I had a national level coach (who I haven't seen for 10 years since I was in Wales!) trying to dissuade me from entering because I'd get hurt (I'm not a player that would get anywhere in that event!).

He was quite adamant and went to great length to explain why it would be a bad idea to take part and what areas of Judo I don't know enough about in order to be competitive in that arena.

That coach was, of course, correct. Eventually I relented and pulled out of the event.

I wonder if that is me trying persuade myself to get myself into gear to lose the excess weight to get back under 100Kg in order to take part in the competitions I had lined up for the autumn, the Samurai Masters and High grades then the British veterans/masters competition.

If any reads this that likes to try and interpret dreams, please feel free!

Comments

Popular Posts