Video reviews aren't just for players and coaches

Last week I was reffing a small team event between two unis. One of those teams was from the uni where I coach Judo. Thankfully the other uni's coach was in attendance and was fine about the situation - he promised ot let me know if I got call wrong! ;)

Anyway, being students the videos of the contests have been published to the club facebook page. So I took the chance to review my refereeing and thankfully there's only one score that I might change (scored waza-ari, probably should have been yuko), the throw was away from me so the landing was hard to see. It was towards the camera though which is how I know I might have been a bit generous.

Generally though I'm quite happy with decisions I made and I'm happy I was entirely impartial, which has to be good!

Who won? That would be the team I coach....

Comments

Popular Posts