More reffing

The comp on the 17th was going to be relatively relaxed affair for me... just helping running around for the organisors and getting my partner there so she can continue in her Competition Recorder training. Fortunately I had put my referee outfit in the car - I was asked to get suited and booted for the afternoon.

This weekend 23rd/24th February sees me attending the annual BUCS (British Universities and Colleges Sports - I think!) Judo competition as a referee. I did this event as a ref last year too and is probably my most significant event in the BJA calendar I've done as an official.

Needless to say I'm feeling a little nervous as I know there will be plenty of very experienced players and coaches there watching everything I do very closely!

Staying positive - it's good to be doing events like this with senior refs for my referee development so maybe I can get to my B award eventually.

Comments

Popular Posts