Posh frocks and nice dinners

...or I hope it will be a nice dinner!

Each year Sheffield University student union host an awards do for the sports clubs at the university. I coach Judo at the uni so get to see a lot of pictures after the event of shenanigans that went on, but so far have not yet managed to get along to one.

This year the student committee of the Judo club have nominated me for university sports coach of the year, which is lovely. So I figure I best make an effort to get along to the awards dinner.

The shortlist :
http://www.shef.ac.uk/union/get-involved/sport/awards.php

I have a couple of dark suits (you know, the all purpose interview/wedding/funeral/baptism sort of suits!) but not a dinner suit. As the students have been good enough to nominate me and it's supposed to be a black tie affair I figure I best get myself a dinner jacket.

Long story short - tried a few shops, thought I had the right one but no trousers my size, ended up spending far too much on a suit. It does look good though!

Tonight's the night of the awards so I'll try and remember to update here tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts