With Judo at the university being quiet over the summer - I'm only leading one session a week, so in theory I should be able to devote some time to my own Judo training and to shedding some pounds in preparation for the British Masters Judo competition in the autumn.

I've moved up a group now into the 35-40 group since last time I competed at this event and having shed a load of weight last year I thought it would be a good idea to get into the under 90Kg category.

A few months ago that may have been a realistic proposition.

At the moment I'm weighing in at closer to 96Kg, so knowing my complete lack of willpower when it comes to all things healthy I'll end up fighting under 100Kg instead.

I've got until the 21st September to get down to 89Kg - 7Kg away. Not unrealistic if I had any sort of determination.

Samurai Judo club also have a competition I'd like to enter in the autumn - the "High Grades and Masters" event. This competition is as much an opportunity to work for points towards my next (4th) dan grade as it is a real competition. Weight is less important for the Samurai event as it is the British Masters, but even so if I can be lighter it should help me move better and so hopefully help my Judo.

50 points to go to my Judo 4th dan, you'd think that would push me towards losing weight. Or the idea of having a national (masters) title to my name would help, but neither are doing it for me right now.

Comments

Popular Posts