Must get motivated

I had planned 2016 to be a productive Judo year for me.
- I've 20 points left to claim for my 4th Dan
- I should be attempting (and hopefully passing!)  my national b referee exam
- I need to finish off my paperwork to convert an old bja level coach badge to ukcc level 2
- I've a uni club to run and instill enthusiasm into players there and get them graded / to comps
So yes, a busy judo year. Unfortunately I'm struggling to motivate myself...
20 points needs competition, which I've not really fit back to since hip surgery 18 months ago.  I need to get rid of this weight I've piled on and get back under 100kg in order to be competitive.
B ref have needs me to be reffing at lots of comps to practice. I don't get enough practice. Guess I need to give up more weekends and travel more, but also means sacrificing my own competition and coaching of others.
Coaching conversion is just lots of paperwork. It's not difficult, but paperwork is something I hate (especially when I don't see immediate benefit - I'm allowed to coach now with old BJA L2 coach award)
Instilling enthusiasm into my players is hard when I'm struggling myself. It doesn't help I don't get much feedback from them on what they want.
On top of all this my duties on the area committee and a senior examiner continue to eat away my time as I try to modernise area judo.
Starting to feel something has to give, but what? I guess one I've claimed my fourth dan I'll be less bothered about competing - but I do tell myself I'd like to experience international competitions, albeit masters (oldies) events.
I'd be interested to hear from other judo volunteers out there, how do you keep giving up all your time to judo without getting burnt out?

Comments

Popular Posts