Yorkshire and Humberside closed 2009

Still struggling to get my 'game head' on. :(

Yesterday I competed in the area closed individual event. I was the only entry in my weight group (<100kg)>100Kg group.

They were 'only' 5 or 10 Kg heavier, so only like being one of lighter people in my normal group.

1st match against a 1st kyu, I was thinking too much instead of playing and got thrown for ippon rather too quickly. :(

Second match against a 3rd dan, went a bit better. I got attacks in, so did he. I managed to get off a couple of very strong attacks from him which I was pleased with. Ended up knocking me down for a low score and finishing me with a very tight hold for ippon.

Helen has decided that we are going to have a summer of Judo. As I will only be teaching one night a week at Sheffield Uni club and not at all at Leeds (student clubs shutdown over the summer) I will have more time to visit other clubs and get some real training in for my Judo which has been suffering with all the teaching I do.

So far I have EIS, Rotherham Tigers, Huddersfield and Knottingly clubs lined up. I might even make it to Pudsey a few times.

It'll be costly (driving to them/paying for training) and I'm not sure my finances will allow as much as I should do, but I'll do what I can.

Hopefully I'll then be ready for the British Masters event in the Autumn.

Comments

Popular Posts