Samurai masters / high grade event

Another comp done this weekend... the Samurai Masters and High Grades competition.

Two competitions in 1 day, 1st up, the Masters +90Kg event.
Arrived late after satnav died and we got a bit lost. Fortunately I have a old fashioned paper map in the car too!

Arrived, organisers kindly let me join in with the Masters event that was just starting so get changed, onto the mat, dump the guy with Ura-nage :)
Good start...it quickly went downhill.

Next match was against a monster of a guy...must have been 130Kg. Found out later he was also 4th dan (compared to my 2nd). Couldn't do a thing with him. 3rd fight I lost to a 2nd dan via sumi gaeshi. He went on to win the 2nd dan competition in the afternoon so not too bothered losing to him.

Enough for a bronze medal.

Next up was the high grade event. This was a competition divided by grade.
Only won one of a number of fights, so not too happy with my performance, but it did mean I won 10 points towards my 3rd dan.

Met the same 2nd dan I fought in the masters, he sumi gaeshi'd me again. I was very annoyed with myself being caught in the same way again when I was looking out for it :(

Still, a medal, 10 points and no injuries so could have been a lot worse!

Comments

Popular Posts