Appreciation of efforts

Being involved with Judo in an organisational/official capacity can be something of trudge at times. Feeling people take your efforts for granted or don't realise quite how much time is given up by people, very often for no financial reward.

I'm happy to say this post isn't about those moments, this time it's a nice thing!

For my birthday recently (Feb) a bunch of the students got together and bought me a few presents - a selection of beers, a book and an xbox game, but that's not important what the presents were. It was lovely to feel that perhaps people do notice that as a coach you're there week in week out. As an official you're away at competitions/meetings for other people.

In short, a simple thing but lifted my spirits significantly as I was getting a bit fed up with Judo eating so much time. :)

(If you read this...thanks guys!)

Comments

Popular Posts