Buying kits

It's lovely having a second coach on the mat. My partner recently completed her level 2 coach award so can now officially run sessions, meaning I get to Randori >:) and I did last night....1st bloody nose in ages!


Anyway, the point of this post.... who do you (UK) coaches/clubs use to buy your JudoGis? I have trade accounts with both blitzsport.com and kicksport.com.

Blitz offer a great discount, but beyond the beginner kits I'm not keen on the heavier Gold/Olympian and it doesn't seem they are keen to supplier any other brands. Kicksport have a better range, including Adidas and DanRho and offer free delivery but the club/instructor discount on kits aren't so good. I'm really liking the DanRho Sensei and the Mooto Master kits they sell though.

So, who do you use for you club Judo kits and why?
Range of products?
Price?

Comments

Unknown said…
We (Soton Uni) have used Blitz for years for similar reasons - stock, speed, reliability, decent beginners kit. But I don't much like the gold suit at all, and the olympian for certain body shapes only!

Currently we are using the BJA student scheme to equip beginners cheaply but would be interested to see if you come up with alternatives for better quality kit. I've been curious about but haven't investigated what discounts Fighting Films and AVA Sport would offer to clubs.
DaFoot said…
I can't imagine FF would offer much of a discount TBH. AVASports may be worth investigating.

To be fair to kicksport, I like the Danrho and Mooto kits they sell (not tried Adidas yet) I would just like similar discount as Blitz offer.

Popular Posts