Samarai masters/high grades

I'm feeling achy today!

Yesterday I was at the Samarai Masters/high grade event. I'm a big fan of this event, it seems to be run with the specific intention of giving people good crack at getting dan grade points and it does that.

I fought in Masters group in the morning, then a 3rd dan event in the afternoon and an open event. In all must have had 10 or 12 fights. Only came away with 10 points, I really wasn't fighting to my best ability which is always frustrating when that happens.

Still, trying to be positive I did get 10 points and that was from a guy (Tom Walker) who I think is doing the top level circuit - he went on to take gold. There seemed to be quite a few guys that were regulars at top flight, but that's to be expected I suppose when I'm trying to get points for 4th dan!

So now I'm looking forward to next weekend when I shall be reffing at my club's kyu grade tournament (19th Nov 2011, contact me if you know of kyu grades wanting to enter! Split up to orange then green-brown, not point scoring), then the following weekend reffing again at the Bev Price team comp in the Midlands.

At some point I have to find time to do some more running (10km race on sunday 20th in Leeds) for my marathon training. Seems every weekend from Sept through to the end of the year is taken up with Judo.

Slight aside - the weight is still going on....


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Comments

Popular Posts