Not fighting at the British Masters 2013

With the weight loss not not happening (though I could fight < 100 Kg instead of < 90kg ), the cost of travel and accommodation I can ill afford, and old injuries playing up I've decided to to fight at the British Judo Masters competition this year.

Feeling a bit disappointed, yet also strangely relieved about the decision.

I will be there however, in my capacity as a referee. This will be my first event with new round of rule changes (no leg grabs at all, reduced hold times, holds continuing out of the area) so it could prove quite the learning experience. I can only hope players/coaches don't get too irate when mistakes are made. 

I suspect the CARE system of cameras will be there too, but I don't know for sure. Again this will be a new experience for me in my refereeing career. 

I do most of my reffing in my area rather than nationally, and it isn't an area that is particularly progressive when it comes to using new technology - I keep trying to change that mindset, but I'm getting concerned the head shaped dent in the wall is starting to affect the stability of my home.

Comments

Popular Posts