Training times resolved?

In my last post I commented on problems securing suitable training times for Judo at Sheffield University, in no small part down to another club that also (ab)use the mats.

I ended up writing an email direct to the sports office of the student union detailing the fact I've been coaching at Sheffield University for around 15 years (time flies!) and that other commitments I have have been built around the historical Tuesday/Thursday training times.  To change training times was putting the club at risk as a result of me being forced to choose between coaching at Sheffield University Judo and other hobbies I have on other days.

The next day I am told we have out 'traditional' times.

I don't know how much my email influenced things but, for the short term, the pressure is off. Having said that, the Voldemort club has already said they plan to pursue our training times in summer term (for some reason that I don't understand the union/Sport Sheffield only allow student clubs to book rooms for autumn/winter terms in advance rather than the whole academic year). So war most certainly is not won.

I need to make sure our student committee is on the ball with booking summer term (holiday?) training after Christmas before other clubs get in there. Yes, the student union/Sport Sheffield will only allow bookings for the summer term after Christmas!

This relies on the student committee. We may have a problem.

No doubt the other club will also be pursuing our training times for the 2019/20 academic year too.

I'm not sure if/when this issue will get fully resolved or if I'm going to continue to be subjected to elevated stress levels. Stress is one thing I could do with less of right now!


Comments

Popular Posts