So much time....

I do a lot of stuff in Judo.

I've tried listing out my various roles below.
Like that, it doesn't look like a lot but given I'm busy doing Judo stuff at least two evenings a week and most weekend between September and July it sure feels like a lot!

I find myself having to turn down a lot of (social) activities because I've already been booked by one of my Judo roles.

So, as a little experiment, in 2020 I'm going to try tracking my time on different aspects of Judo. It should be interesting to see where the majority of my Judo time goes. I have my suspicions, but this time next year I'll have hard evidence to mull over.

Maybe then I'll be in a possition to think about cutting back in one area. Something I've been contemplating doing for a while.



Reffing

Travelling around the country to practice and learn reffing, with 2 aims....
  • learn why decisions are given as they are in competition so I can support my players at events
  • getting my A badge

Yorkshire & Humberside area committee
  • Organising events
  • Reffing
  • Running website (inc. handling competition entries)
  • Running social media
  • General tech guy

Sheffield University club :
  • coaching sessions
  • gradings ( + out of session admin) 
  • supporting student committee
  • building website(s)
  • supporting running of 2 events a year (handling entries)

Examiner 
  • running dan gradings
  • developing a spreadsheet to ease the grading process
  • developing software to run gradings
My Judo

Of course I want to get better myself, so I try to do some training and a competition or two each year still.

Comments

Popular Posts