More negativity...

At the university club I teach at, we have a Thursday and a Tuesday session during term time. Out of term time it is usually just Tuesday, that includes exam times like January.

When I was at uni, Judo gave me much needed release from academic stuff. Somewhere I could have some fun and get a good sweat going to completely forget all other stress (like exams/coursework etc).

Seems the students here don't share that enthusiasm I once had. Last night I had the grand total of 7 students turn up. While this gave me a chance to experiment a bit on training methods I did feel like saying the session wasn't going ahead as not enough people. Of course that would mean that less people turn up next week as they worry about wether the session would actually happen or not.

This sort of debate is, I think, contributing to my decline in enthusiasm for teaching over recent months.

Really need to find a way to get the students into proper, regular training and expand the class attendance again. Maybe then my enthusiasm will return.

Comments

LanceW said…
Hi,
keep your chin up! It's a rough time of year, the weather is rubbish, etc. So people are perhaps a bit slack coming to class, give it some time.

I forget where you are based, but perhaps get some help from people from nearby clubs. Get a club visit organised? That might re-kindle some enthusiasm, it'll also give you a rest :-)

Keep your chin up, drop me a line if you want.

Lance

Popular Posts