Nil points (again)

Yesterday was another attempt at pointage for 4th dan. I say another, but I think this was the first 4th dan grading I've tried. Picked up 20 points at a comp in the autumn and felt inspired to have a go.

So... no points won, but it wasn't a complete loss. I didn't feel I was completely outclassed which is encouraging. Credit due to one guy who swept me with a superb ashi waza, I never mind losing to such a clean and crisp technique.

I did really feel the need to improve my fitness though. While I know I need to get back into the habit of regular running (5th entry to London Marathon this year, for 2012), I really struggle to actually get myself out of the flat to go running once I get home in an evening. Just can't get myself motivated.

Perhaps if I do manage to get myself into the habit again it will get easier.

Comments

Popular Posts