BJA Masters 2011 and weight loss

The British Masters tournament is fast approaching (17th July IIRC). I fought in British masters a few years back, taking gold in the <35 <100Kg category. That was when I was 30 and 6 months. Some would argue there shouldn't be a 30-35 group in the masters competitions, but that's a discussion for another day.

I'm now 33 and miss being able to wear that shiny badge on on kit so I was hoping to enter the masters again this year. Unfortunately with too much of my Judo mat time devoted to coaching I've found myself in the unenviable place of having to try and lose 5 or 6 Kg between now and 17th. This morning I was just under 104Kg on my bathroom scales, but of course I want a 'safety' margin so need to lose a bit more than 4Kg.

So it's minimal eating, lots of exercise and no beer for me for a few weeks. Even then it will be touch and go.

I'm using a weight tracking application (Libra) on my phone and have been for a month or two. It plots a trend of weight changes using data provided. So while my while is going down, the trend is still upwards apparently. :(

This is going to be an uncomfortable few weeks.

Even if I do manage to shift the excess blubber in time, I then need to find money for the entry fee and the accommodation the night before (I don't fancy a 2 hour drive before an 8am weigh in!) ....

... donations/sponsorship always welcome!!!


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Comments

Popular Posts