End of another academic year

So another academic year comes to an end at Sheffield University Judo Club. A fairly successful year for the club I feel. Not just in the competitive arena (it was, we got a number of medals and entered a good number of events) but the club core grew substantially.


In the last session I decided to have a go at the 1st set of Nage-no-kata as it's been a while since we looked at it. Post warm-up I tried an exercise involving moving down the mat on own trying to perform the foot movement of the 3 wazas in the 1st set of Nage-no-kata. I think it worked. The lower grades seemed to pick up the kata version of techniques much more easily than usual, they almost understood the balance/timing!

Maybe I'll try and work on the rest of Nage-no-kata with the club over the summer.


Of course now is the hard part - saying goodbye to those students that are leaving to go home for the last time as they graduate. I can only hope I have instilled an enthusiasm for Judo that leads them to find a club at home/wherever they end up working.

Bring on the Sports Fair in September!


PS. Just noticed the strange formatting of my last posting. I must try and find the editor to correct that!

Comments

Popular Posts